While traditional replacement options like bridges, partials, and dentures can create great results, the innovation of dental implants has dramatically improved the aesthetics and functionality patients can achieve. Due to the many advantages that dental implants can provide, implant dentistry has in many ways become the gold standard for tooth replacement.
The benefits of dental implants include:
- Versatility: There are many types of dental implants and they can be used to secure a variety of custom implant restorations, including crowns, bridges, and full-arch dentures.
- Stability: Since dental implants are surgically implanted and designed to fuse with jawbone tissue, properly healed dental implants provide unsurpassed stability for the restorations they support.
- Longevity: With proper care, dental implants are designed to provide long-lasting, if not permanent, tooth replacement.
- Customization: Dental implant restorations can be custom-designed and crafted from a variety of state-of-the-art materials to create durable, natural-looking, and functional results.
- Jawbone Health: Tooth loss can cause the jawbone to recede over time. The implanted titanium posts that support dental implant restorations provide stimulation to the bone tissue which helps maintains beneficial jawbone density and volume.
- Hygiene & Maintenance: With single-crown dental implants, your dental hygiene routine stays the same—just brush and floss twice daily. Regular dental cleanings and exams twice a year help maintain good oral health and provide a check to see that your dental implants are in good condition.
Whether tooth loss results from disease, decay, or an injury, cosmetic dentist Robert Rioseco, DMD, FAGD offers patients the opportunity to consider dental implants as a versatile, natural-looking, functional, and long-lasting way to complete their smiles. Satisfied dental implant patients are typically thrilled with the results they achieve and experience a boost in self-confidence. If you are interested in learning more about dental implants or would like to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Rioseco, please contact The Center for Cosmetic Dentistry.